Thursday, July 31, 2008

Indian Hospitals

Unfortunately, I had to visit the hospital because I was feeling so ill and my poop was bright green. (I'm sorry about all the poop references, but it seems to play such a visible role in Indian life. I guess because as Vanessa said, "Indian life is lived in public." You are not kidding sister!) The interesting thing is that I was seen right away, literally NO WAITING. I was attended to by about 5 doctors and the hospital itself was clean with state of the art technology. The consultation and treatment plan was 500 Indian rupees...about $11-12! My meds were about $3. After a few days of staying in at the hotel, I am feeling better. I tried to postpone my flight to Kathmandu, but ended up cancelling it and now the flights are booked or SUPER expensive. :( There's always next time. Nepal is rather unstable at the moment anyway.

No comments: