Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Holy Crap, Holy Cow, Holy Chaos

I'm in Delhi and I am safe and being well looked after by my friend Guncha, to whom I will be eternally grateful. (Seriously, G your hospitality and generosity has been tremendous & I hope that you find the right person to share your lovely heart with.) This place is a pure madness of contradictions. Talk about the reconciliation of opposites. The driving must be some of the worst in the world, everyone is everywhere in spite of the lanes, and well the big bulls on the roads doesn't help matters. Oddly, I haven't seen an accident yet. The chaos is everywhere, but the intriguing thing is that somehow it just works. There is a flow and a rhythm to it all. I've already realized that one is wholly compelled to take India on her own terms. I have to remind myself to not resist it in order to maintain my sanity. The people are so kind and generous, which is truly a pleasure to find. They also seem to have such curiosity and fortitude. I haven't done or seen too much yet, since getting my traveler's checks cashed and getting a sim card became a 2 day mission. I think I'll be heading out of the city soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday! Wishing you a safe and wonderful journey!
-cindy